Friday, June 4, 2010

Egg It On!


I'm making this a very short post and for a reason. You CAN make delicious and sophisticated food quickly. I promise.

Yeah, folks, you can totally just go on steaming that asparagus and squeezing a bit of lemon on there if that's your perogative. Just believe me when I tell you that the addition of just a little fat will increase your enjoyment 3.5 fold. Put that asparagus on a broiler pan, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle some salt, grind some pepper. Cook till done (which means browned, crispy on the tips and oh sooooo good).

Do that. Note how it much better it tastes. Become an envy of all your friends. Write me an email of thanks. And no, I'm not Jesus. Not quite.

If you want to make it really stand out, do what I do and throw (gently place) a perfectly poached egg atop your bed of aspargus (and forget the useless vinegar in the poaching water).

So easy it's sick.

1 comment:

Brett T. said...

Dear God this looks good... It's not so long ago that the prospect of eating a poached egg wasn't much of a turn on to me. Now that I know how heavenly they truly can be, especially the thought of pairing that light fluffy-ness with the taste of broiled asparagus... It's... It's...
Damnet... now I'm starving.

Post a Comment